About QBuSThe IARU (International Amateur Radio Union) has a good working world wide QSL-service that allows radio amateurs to send and receive QSL-cards at low cost. This QSL-service however can only work properly if you deliver your outgoing QSL-cards to your local QSL-manager sorted the right way.
QBuS (QSL Bureau Search) is a small application that helps you to sort your outgoing QSL-card properly. Just enter a callsign (or prefix) and QBuS will tell you the correct QSL-bueau and the prefix you have to sort the QSL-card under.
In addition QBuS:
- shows the DXCC (or WAE) entity of the call / prefix
- allows QSL-manager lookup from the www.qslinfo.de database (internet connection required)
- has a voice output: can give the requested information by voice (soundcard + speakers required)
- has a (automatic) update function (internet connection required)
About IARUThe IARU (International Amateur Radio Union) is the world wide federation of national associations of radio amateurs. IARU is a member of ITU (International Telecommunication Union, the United Nations agency for information and communication technology issues).
IARU defends the interests of all radio amateur, world wide. Via your membership of your national association you also support IARU. A list of IARU member associations can be found here.
About UBAUBA (Belgian Amateur Radio Society) is the sole Belgian IARU member association and thus respresents Belgian radio amateurs on international level. The vast majority of the active Belgian radio amateurs are affiliated with UBA. As such UBA defends also the interests of the Belgian radio amateurs with the federal and regional governments and their administrations
In addition UBA provides a number of services to its members, such as:
- a bi-monthly magazine
- a state-of-the-art website
- a good working QSL-service
- licence courses in many of the 80 local clubs
- a large selection of ham related books and magazine subscriptions at sharp rates
- an insurance for ham related activities
- advice and - if required - legal assistance in regard with building permits for antennas (antenna towers)
- advice and assistance in regard with EMC problems
Download and install QBuSClick here to download and install QBuS.
The current version is 3.02 (december 2009).